This Christmas we spent it in Utah. It had two years since I was in Utah. It was a blast! Life is so much better when you are constantly nauseated and tired from being pregnant. Last time I was in Utah I was pregnant with Ben.
We spent our nights at our resort in Midway and traveled each day to see mine or Matt's family. It was kind of a pain but I like having my own space. I think next time our visit won't be so long and I will forgo my space. Parley's canyon is so long! It was hard to do that canyon about every day.
My boys loved seeing all of their cousins. They miss them and talk about playing with them all the time now. Samuel threw up midway through our trip. He contracted the flu. He spent Christmas eve at the resort with Matt sleeping. He had been rushed to the ER because we were worried about dehydration. He was able to obtain some magical Zofran and ended up feeling a lot better after that. Poor guy, was so hungry and was begging for food. He did really well while puking all over, he didn't panic and tried so hard to hold it in.
We were also able to see some friends while in UT. It was a great trip.
The first night we were there we made an effort to attend a temple session at the Salt Lake temple. We hadn't been there since I was pregnant with Joshua. And I hadn't done a session since I took out my endowments. It was AMAZING! Temple nights are the best date nights.
We also saw the temple president who is no other then, President C. S. Samuelson!!!! Former BYU president, our BYU president. We acted like we knew him and he in turn wondered if he knew us. Doesn't he know all the BYU students while he was president? Haha!
This time I was able to soak up everything about that beautiful temple and it was incredible! Life seems so much better when you are in the temple.
After our trip we stopped at Crown Burger and ate some deliciously unhealthy food. I don't think I will be able to ever give up french fries.
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I am excited for a new year and more adventures!
 |
| The way WY looked on the way back. We didn't hit a storm while driving home but there was tons of wind! Which caused all kinds of problems for us. WE couldn't see the road, we couldn't see other cars because of blowing snow. I wondered how cars who go stuck in the snow managed to get help because there was no service on my phone during most of the area. We prayed like crazy and the boys were nervous. But we made it! |
 |
| Joshua's first time sledding! He loved it so much! He was a crazy sledder and after each time he went down we waited for tears, but he was having a blast! He went sledding down the hill I use to as a kid. One of the best activities we did while in UT. |
 |
| Making snow angels in my moms yard. We built "snow monsters" because the snow was too powdery and wouldn't shape for a snowman. They loved every second of it. |
 |
| Joshua making an ice slide in my parents yard. He never wanted to leave the snow. |
 |
| We had to touch the bountiful temple. It was freezing and I didn't get a great picture but it's more about the activity right? |
 |
| Watching Tv with grandpa. My little Ben was completely out of his element and people wanted to always hold him. He was fine, as long as I wasn't an option for him. He's my sweet mom's boy! He likes people, just not when he's off schedule etc. |
 |
| Christmas morning came! Joshua exclaimed, "I must of been a really good boy." |
 |
| My family's attempt at a nativity. Ben made a great shepard while he ate chocolate. That was the only way he would stay on the stage and be happy. |
 |
| WE met up with our friends from Logan and were able to take our kids and play at this place. They really enjoyed it. They love these kind of places. |
 |
| This is Ben while Matt's mother was singing at one of the visitors at temple square. He didn't want to be inside. He was laughing and dancing during the nativity that temple square holds. He is the happiest kid I know. Just adorable and gets away with pretty much anything because he's so perfect. I could hang out with him all day! |
 |
| Anxious boys right before we left for UT. We love Christmas around here! |
 |
Temple square for the first time. They loved it! We thought we might be able to touch the temple, but I think you now have to enter through the visitor center and it was closed. I was a little disappointed. But I think they know how much I love temples.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment