Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pre-Birthday Prep...

Joshua turns 3 soon.

I can't believe my little boy is getting so big!

Joshua is the best and I love spending time with him. He says the funniest things to me all day long. He plays so sweetly with Samuel and always wants to make him laugh. Samuel ADORES him and misses him so much when he's at school.

I didn't want to buy more toys because we already had Christmas and I don't think I could pick up any more cars in my house then I already do. So we decided to throw him a really fun birthday party. We invited a few people from his school and his friends from our ward. We are having it in our ward's gym and are really excited to see how it all turns out.

I'm making this cake, some funfetti ice cream cone cup-cakes (saw on pinterest), was going to make cookie bowls but they turned out disasterous (heads up for anyone who wanted to make them), and ordered some crafts from oriental trading for them to do at the party. I also made him a quiet book for church that I saw my friend Angela Bricker make for her kids. I think he will love it and hopefully it helps cut down all the stuff I bring for him to church.

I love blog stalking cool craft blogs...and of course pinterest.


2 comments:

Josh and Tori Furlong said...

That sounds so fun!! We had a little birthday party for Peyton as well. I can't believe how fast our boys are growing up!!

Joel & Megan said...

YAY FOR BIRTHDAYS! And it sounds like the party is going to be a BLAST! Wish Josh a "VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY" from us.

Blog Archive