Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happenings in Tennessee

Tennessee is hot! I didn't want AZ because of the heat and I got heat plus humidity...but like my sister said, it's just like the winter in Utah, you just don't go out as much. Apparently it doesn't snow here and if it does it's about an 1/8 of an inch and people freak out that they drive crazy and brush up on their emergency kits. Hahaha.

For out last week of freedom we finished unpacking, bought some much needed accessories, had a LOTR marathon but only made it through to the first half of the second movie (we have the extended versions so they are extra long), and have gone swimming pretty much everyday.

Joshua loves it here and I love watching him run down the hall because...oh wait, we have a hall! He's done great at adjusting and still thinks briley, Reece, alice, Sadie, and papas...and even Joe are coming over soon. Sad. But we will get to Utah soon enough. We also bought Joshua a car's toilet becauese we hoped that it will help not be afraid of the toilet and we can start potty training! Hurray! Cross your fingers for us.

Samuel hates the heat here and now hates the car...go figure...it's not like he spent 4 days in the car or anything. But he's sleeping like a champ and is such an easy baby! He smiles and coos and hardly ever cries...which is very different from the first month of his life. But he was hungry so I guess I can't blame him for that.

Matt starts work on Monday and we will finally officially not be students anymore. I still don't feel like I'm that far from Utah because we lived Logan and we never saw anybody anyway. Life is good here...hot but good.

1 comment:

Jared, Karen, Daphne, Charlie, Lola, Jack, & McKay said...

Hey! You all sound wonderful and I am glad you are loving your new place! Miss you already.

Blog Archive