Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

California and all its glory

We made it! We actually drove from the top of Utah to the coast of California! Joshua did so well and only cried for probably 30 mins collectively. We were so grateful to Heavenly Father because we know our son & know we definitly had divine help because he behaved sooo well. Our stay in Vegas was great and the room was incredible. I really love Vegas.

California is the place for me! I love the weather and once again our apartment is fabulous! Joshua loves the extra space and loves all the ducks around the harbor. Matt was so nice the day after we arrived he let me go shopping at my favorite outlet mall. Oh, I had so much fun and it was worth the wait and drive. I really like Utah but feel right at home in California.

I also recieved an extra treat today, my dear friend Christina came to visit!!!!! She is so cute and Joshua loved her! He loves people who look like mommy. I'm so happy I was able to see her. Her life looks so bright and I loved laughing with her.

We had some funny moments along the way too. Here are a few quoates about our adventure.

"do you have any produce with you?" CA agricultural border control guy

"nope." matt

"any peaches, grapes, or apples?" CA border guy

"nope." matt

"just the sweet peach beside you?" CA border guy

"ahhhh no, I don't think so....." matt

"hahahaha, just get going" CA border

poor matt, he didn't even get the joke the border guy was telling him.

"that is okay I think I just offended my first CA driver." matt

"that is okay, he must be an idiot because he drives a Lexus and hasn't even tinted his windows yet." me

we will post some pics when we get Internet for our apt on Monday

1 comment:

Bethany said...

love that matt missed the joke so funny!

Blog Archive