Our first family photo of all of us. Too bad Joshua is asleep. Actually he did really well at my Grandpa's funeral.
My whole family was there except our missionary, Jake. It was great to see everyone.
This makes me cry. My grandma is so strong, I would of been a mess. I love that our country honors men that have served valiantly.So I haven't written for a while because life got crazy. I did lose my beloved Grandpa and the funeral services were a perfect reminder of how much I appreciate the gospel. Knowing that I will see my grandpa again is the knowledge that kept me from weeping uncontrollably.
The Monday after my grandpa's funeral we received news that Matt's Grandpa smith died. We were both taken back at how we lost both our living grandpa's in one week. We joked at first that they must of been friends and called one another to come home.
Going to the funeral services of both made me realize how important families are. How important it is to be a good example to children. My grandparents lived a righteous life and taught their children the gospel. They taught them well enough that all of their children and grandchildren that are currently married have been married in the temple. They have a wall in their house that has a picture of every marriage in front of a different temple. I stand in awe when I see this wall. It is so special.
No comments:
Post a Comment