Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quig...Love ya!





My grandfather passed away this week. He was the most amazing man I have ever met. Matt & I share our wedding anniversary with him and his lovely wife. I just wanted to quickly let everyone know how incredible he is.

First of all as a child he always snuck me out of the living room and gave me more candy, even after Grandma said no more. He let me tease him about how he had no hair and laughed constantly with me.

When Matt and I moved up here I started taking care of him M-F. Grandpa started to recognize my car and one day Matt took my car and made a surprise visit. He came out to greet who he thought was me but found Matt. Matt said he was talking and looking very disappointed about why I wasn't there and what he was doing there and where was I.

While helping my grandfather wash his hands I was hit by a surge of saliva. I started to laugh, more at being confused and then being spit at. I asked him why he did that because he was smiling. I then said, did you think you were brushing your teeth? He said Yes, and started to laugh hysterically. We both laughed for a while.

When I was pregnant I was so sick. I happened to be over there to watch the BYU football game and started to feel really sick. I decided to have Matt take me home but on our way out he stopped us. I said I didn't feel well and made a sad face. He immediately came over and gave me a hug and said, Yes, Yes, and padded me on the back. He really looked like he sympathized with my pain. Even after being a stroke victim he was attentive to others.

Love you forever!

1 comment:

Nikki Taylor said...

Oh I am laughing and crying all at the same time. Those are GREAT stories! I love the one about the saliva! He is a crack up. I am REALLY going to miss him.

Blog Archive