Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Two Week Check-Up


This was his take home outfit from the hospital. He was so small that nothing I brought really fit him. It was brought to you by all the girls from the MSS office. The coat is still way too big but it's so cute, I love it!


Right before I loaded him into the car to go to his doctor appointment. He gained 10 oz and grew 2 inches! My baby was already huge and he just keeps getting bigger. I've noticed though that he is now looking more like Matt every day and less like me. He is changing so much I can't believe it. He already can almost hold his head up by himself. He is so strong! It snowed that day and I felt so bad for him because his first excursion outside was braving Utah weather. It was the first time I have also been out since leaving for the hospital. It felt nice but I was so worn out by the end of the appointment.



Daddy and Joshua fell asleeep while mommy went and ate something. My two boys just sleeping away. I love these guys so much!

3 comments:

Nikki Taylor said...

How cute! I can't believe how much Joshua has changed already! I really want to come visit again. Can I please?! I am so glad to hear things are going well. He is simply adorable.

Meg said...

Martiza, how adorable! Congratulations! Having a new baby is so much fun isn't it? (Not to mention tiring, hard, and stressful at times, ha ha) But this no sleeping thing will only be for a season right? ha ha. Anyway, I'm dying to know how much Joshua weighed when he was born. You mentioned that he was really big but I was just curious! My little sweat pea came about 4 days early and she was only 5 lbs. 9 oz! She's gaining weight really well though! Anyway, hope all is well!

Joe and Diana said...

Maritza, ur baby is so adorable... and I love the picture of Matt and your baby... how cute... I'm so glad that your baby is healthy and growing to be big and strong...

Blog Archive