Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Monday, June 27, 2016

July is coming

It has been a crazy few months! We went to CA with the Smith's and the boys had a blast! We drove 2,000 plus miles and saw 3 temples! I missed 2 Sundays for primary and that felt good. 

It's been hard to get back into the swing of things but I have received tender mercies I wanted to write about. I was feeling overwhelmed and overworked this week as per my usual calling duties. And I didn't want to go to a RS activity but knew I probably should. 

It was there I received the sweetest hug from a little girl in primary! She hugged me and made me feel like, if I only make a difference in this one, it will all be worth it. Heavenly Father cares about the one and if it's only for her then it's worth it. 

Another one happened Sunday. I was feeling stressed and noticed a girl in our primary who is non-verbal watch me walk around the room. She smiled at me and tried to keep me in her sight. I felt at that moment that she too liked me and appreciated the love I had shown her. 

Two tender mercies. 

I have to remind myself that those tender mercies are always there, I just have to be watching for them! 

Here are some pics of our trip to CA. Next up, Bear Lake!!! 


No comments:

Blog Archive