I went to church and Matt stAyed home with they boys. He called me and said Samuel was seizing and his fever was back. We called his primary care doctor and she told us to go tonashville and have him admitted to the ER at Vanderbilt. Samuel seized a few more times in the car on the way up.
At the ER they decided to test for meningitis sopoor Samuel had to have a spinal tap. Test come back good but they wanted to keep him over night for observation.
At about 8pm he had a bigger seizure that lasted 2-3 minutes and had to be given drugs to stop the seizing. From there we were moved down to the PICU for observation.
He had a CT and a EEG and everything came back clear. They wanted us to stay until Tuesday to make sure he was okay.
Staying in the hospital was hard. Especially because I have a sinus infection. Long nights for a sick mommy was rough. But I'm glad we have had excellent care.
I'm also incredibly grateful for all our friends and family! We are so blessed to have people who care and love us.
Hopefully this never happens again.
Joshua showing people how the trains work at the hospital. Oddly enough he did teach some guest how to use them.




3 comments:
No! That is so sad and breaks my heart. I hope all is well, and that Samuel feels better! Let us know if we can do anything for you guys.
Oh poor Samuel!! The pics are heartbreaking! Cute little guy and some brave parents. I don't know what I would do if any of my boys went through something like that. Hope you had a better week and I am glad Samuel is doing better! Your boys are growing up! Love you guys!
that is so tough! I am so sorry to hear about all that, breaks my mommy heart! glad to know he is doing better.
Post a Comment