> After being seriously disturbed by a YouTube video of south park about 'Mormons' I felt like I should do the only thing you can at those moments...smile and share your testimony.
>
> It's no secret that motherhood is hard. It's no secret that I blog about it. It's no secret that I love my eternal job. It's no secret that I know it's worth it because I sacrifice 9 months of not eating for a chance to be a mother.
>
> For the past week Samuel has not slept through the night. He's wanted to eat every 2.5 hours. And since I exclusively breastfeed matt can't take a turn (oh though I wish he could). So I hadn't been getting any consist sleep and my body didn't seem that tired. But then Sunday came.
>
> My eye pain was excruciating. My whole body felt like it had been hit by a bus, then trampled by a stampede of bulls, just for good measure. I made it to church but lasted about 20 minutes. My body finally decided to make me stop. Stop packing for our move (which won't happen until mid-June), stop trying to be super mom, stop trying to be an over-achiever. I acquired a fever and chills--which led matt to force me to rest. I slept most of Sunday and Monday thanks to my incredible husband and regained some strength. Sunday I freaked out because matt was starting school again (for the last time..just 4 more weeks) and I would have to really start taking care of both kids for about 8 hours of the day. I thought--freak I'm trying to do what You want me to do Heavenly Father, why aren't you helping me...carrying me?
>
> In sacrament the first speaker spoke about faith and one of the sentences I actually caught was him saying, 'it takes faith to follow the promptings to ask for a blessing.' So I decided to exercise my faith and ask matt for a blessing. It was probably the shortest blessing but that evening my fever broke and my body seemed to recover abnormally fast.
>
> Monday came and was surprisingly manageable. I balanced both kids and continued to take advantage of nap time. Last night Samuel slept again for two 4 hour periods...which doesn't sound a lot but I know it was because I dreamed!
>
> Elder Holland has said, "Yours is the work of salvation and therefore you will be magnified. Compensated made more than you are, better than you are, better than you've ever been." -because she is a mother, Elder Holland
>
> I know because I am a mother I am entitled to heavens help. But I need to ask for it. Demonstrate my faith and then I am supported. President Eyring has taught that if you want miracles in you life you should so live your life that you can call down the powers of heaven...and they will answer. I think that anyone who is a mother has demonstrated that they have called because they still manage their lives and their child's.
>
> Child are miracles in themselves. Pregnancies are miracles. But surviving each day of motherhood is proof God is aware of your needs. Aware of you. I know that my Heavenly Father answers prayers, I know the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true, and am ever so grateful for the power of the priesthood and for a worthy husband who exercises that power. And so I move forward in faith knowing there will undoubtedly be many more sleepless nights and sore eyes but that my earnest plea will be heard and answered.
>
>
Weekly Quote
"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins
Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
3 Hours of Sleep
>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thank you so much for sharing. Your testimony is beautiful. and every time you bare it it just want to second everything you say!
Post a Comment