Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day & 32 weeks

32 weeks! I'm getting so close! I can't wait!!!! I'm so anxious to get our little boy here. I'm doing okay but the week I had to do the diabetes test was rough. People said I'd be fine if I kept it down for an hour or so. Yup, nope. It came up about 4 hours later and I wasn't able to eat anything that day. I feel like once I throw-up, it's like a gateway to a crappy day. So I try so hard not too because I know if I do then I'm in for it.

Doctor says everything looks good still. I've only gained a fraction of what I gained with Josh but I'm measuring one week earlier than the doctor puts me at...right on with my body's clock though. So there you go, I only gained a few pounds but I'm still large and in charge with stretch marks. Matt said something sweet to me about this. He said, "can't believe you gained so little weight." I said I know, cause it looks like I have gained a LOT more than that. To which he responded, "yeah you do!" I was so offended but I just laughed hysterically because it's true. I love my hubby!

For Valentine's day we went and test drove some of the cars we've been thinking about buying. It was so fun and now we can't wait for that job to finalize so we can go get a new car and be done with school! Our friends watched Josh so it was a lot of fun not having to drive around with a toddler for once!

We also have plans for dinner tonight but that's not that interesting.

I'm so grateful for such good friends and for my amazing husband! He really does balance everything in his life so well. :) I love you Matt!

5 comments:

Nikki Taylor said...

WHAT?! You look TINY for 32 weeks!! Seriously...TINY! How exciting to get a new car!! I also can't wait for this little boy to get here! Hope the upcoming weeks go by fast for you!

Jeff and Hillaree said...

What do you mean your dinner was not that interesting??????????????????? I saw a side of Matt I have never seen before and it was so FUNNY!!!!!!! It was a blast!! :)

Meg said...

um... where is your belly? i can't believe you think you look big, and i can't believe you have stretch marks when your belly is tiny, especially for a second pregnancy! it is so crazy how everyone just carries in totally different ways. did you see the massive protrusion from my belly when i was pregnant with scottie? holy cow- now THAT warrants stretch marks, and believe me, i've got em! so sorry to hear you've been so sick though- hang in there- i'm thinking of you :)

Carrie said...

Hah! You do not even look close to 32 weeks! You are so stinkin' lucky. I'm so glad I'm not pregnant with you so you could true largeness in action. You look awesome. And I'm going to agree with you. You do have an awesome husband. Love you Matt!

Rachelle said...

Maritza- I didn't know you were expecting so congrats! Um, You look GREAT! Looking more like my 20weeks!

Blog Archive