Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

For The Record...

My cute friend Meg does a weekly confession post and I love them! Meg, this post was inspired by your many confession posts.


This is basically how I feel all the time. Just for the Record...



For the Record...

*Yes, I don't seem to gain actual pounds very fast but that doesn't mean my belly doesn't grow like a weed! So the scale says I only gained a few pounds but my belly gets just as big as anyone else. Which I guess is good but hard to explain to people because I look just like a normal pregnancy person, instead of a starving, miserable one.
*What was the point of being physically fit if you just get stretch marks all over what you thought were healthy abs?
*I can't ever use a public restroom when someone else is in it because I get near vomiting if I hear anyone do anything
*I HATE eating candy to help my nausea. What is worse? Constantly feeling nauseated or having cavity filled teeth?
*I can't figure out if I have a sore throat or just the lining of my esophagus has been eroded, again.
*I'm not willing to drop everything for someone if I've just thrown up. But that doesn't mean I don't feel awful afterward and cry because I didn't follow through with something.
*I hate matt being in school and working.
*I hate finals week for Matt!
*I get my kicks from watching episodes on youtube of Marie Antionette
*I've seen Toy Story 3 probably a thousand times since we bought it in October and the movie is driving me crazy!
*I probably let Joshua watch too much TV but most of the time I just feel crappy so it's hard to do much else with him...I'm an awful mom I know...
*I hate driving anywhere but love that Matt randomly takes me to visit old friends and my mom because sometimes, you just need your Mom.
*I have a PRN note to the IV Fusion center at our local hospital so I don't have to call the doctors office every time I feel like I'm dieing or go to the ER
*I'm super sensitive and if anyone remotely talks mean to me I just cry for hours
*Everyday seems like an eternity and all I do is focus on getting through that day

Yes, I'm miserable but I know I'm doing the RIGHT thing for me, RIGHT now in my life. I know that this little boy was meant to come join our family NOW.

So even if I'm miserable, deep down I'm happy because I'm one day closer to having this little guy here with me.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Seeing that picture of you makes me want to cry! You are amazing!!!!!!! I just want to give you a hug! You are such a great mom! Can't wait to see you guys on Christmas Day!

Nikki Taylor said...

You really are my hero...I don't know how you handle being that sick and still function day to day AND being the best mom ever. you really are amazing! And you are right...it is sooo worth it but wow...is it necessary to be THAT sick?! ;) Joshua is adorable! Can't wait to see you guys!

Carrie said...

I'm so so sorry you're sick. I wish I lived closer so that I could just take Joshua once in a while so he could play with Ryan, and you could be sick in peace. You're right though. It's all worth it in the end!! We'll see you at Christmas!

Meg said...

Oh Maritza! I'm so sorry you have been so sick! Were you that sick with Joshua? I have to agree with you on one particular confession- I let McKelle watch way too much t.v. these days, b/c even though I'm not sick- I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I can hardly move! ha ha. I can't wait to have my energy and my body back. I too have been unable to avoid the stretch marks! But, thank goodness no one has to see them right? Hang in there- this too shall pass :)

Blog Archive